Saturday, September 25, 2010

DOING THE NANA THING

Last week I promised Curtis and Gracie I would do a craft with them because they had yesterday off from school.  Well, they spent Thursday with their mother so I thought they would forget all about the crafting idea.  I should know better.  The first thing they said to me when I picked them up was, "Remember, we are going to craft today!"  To be honest, I was a little excited myself. 

They chose to work on the Halloween foam craft kits I bought a couple of years ago.  (I'm glad we did them now instead of when I bought them.  They would have never been able to do it then.)  We started with an enchanted pumpkin for Gracie.  We got it done and was about to start on the skeleton pirate ship for Curtis but he decided to go to the store with his dad.  That left Gracie free to do her second project.  A haunted forest.

While working on the forest Gracie was trying to follow the illustrations to the tee.  I told her that we had creative license and could put things where ever we wanted to.  She looked at me and with her eyes getting as wide as I've ever seen them, said "A license?  I have a license?"  I then had to explain what creative license meant.  Try that with a 9 year old!  Especially one that is excited she has a license.

When Curtis got home we made the pirate ship.  It was a lot of fun.  He took advantage of his creative license without me telling him he had one.  We still have a haunted tree house to make.  We'll probably get to it later today.

I'll take some pictures and when I figure it out I'll post them to my blog.  What that means is you may never see a picture on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment