Thursday, September 30, 2010

HI, MY NAME IS CONNIE AND I'M A REALITY TV SHOW JUNKIE

Okay, so I admit it.  I love reality shows.  My favorite is the Amazing Race, followed closely by Project Runway.  I also like Big Brother, Survivor, House Hunters, America's Next Top Model, Top Chef and The Biggest Loser.

Although The Biggest Loser lost a lot of its appeal to me after I auditioned for the show.  I stood in line for nearly 9 hours, when I was sent into a gym like area to a long table where I was seated with 11 other people.  We were told we had to make a great impression as we, as a group, were given only 10 minutes to do so.  (That's less than 2 minutes each.)  Talk about disappointing!  And if any of you are following this round of The Biggest Loser, you will have noticed that I didn't make the cut.  Oh well, I met some really nice people in line, (none of which made the show either), and then I stopped a got a giant sweet pork burrito
on the way home. 

Yes, I do tend to drown my sorrows with food.  I celebrate with food, too.  I do admit that I am an emotional eater.  The highest of highs to the lowest of lows are cause for me to eat.  Maybe someday I'll get a handle on it.  I have all the know how but not the drive.  You would think with all the meds I'm on due to the excess weight would help drive me a bit.  I know, maybe I should get on the treadmill while I watching all that reality TV.  (All metabolically challenged people have a treadmill and I'm no different.)  The only trouble is I have no space to put it in the living room until after the holidays.  I guess I'll have to jumping jacks.  No, that won't work.  When I jump, run or laugh too hard I wet my pants.  Maybe sit ups.  No, once on the floor I can't get up without a lot of help.  I could take my dog, Bingo, for several walks each day.  But right now it's just too hot and one of the meds I take recommends I stay out of the sun for long periods of time.  We have a "round-about" in our house.  Maybe I could walk the "round-about" for 30 minutes each morning.  But there are stairs involved and my knees just won't take it.  (I see a pattern here.)  Maybe a water aerobics class.  That will NEVER do.  The world is just not ready for me in any type of swim ware.  Do they even make swim suits in my size?

As you can see, not only am I an emotional eater, I'm the queen of excuses.  Not just the queen of Salt Lake, but the Queen of the World!!!!!

Help.

No comments:

Post a Comment